Friday, June 20, 2008

One in 172

I had heard that Alex VanAbel achieved a 36 on his ACT test this year, but I was previously unaware of the rarity of his accomplishment:

From: Galen.Johnson@
Sent: Fri 6/20/2008 9:33 AM
To: Breisch, Bill; O'Connor, Edward

Subject: Congratulations


Bill and Ed,

I just received an internal memo showing 172 students across the nation that earned a perfect ACT score of 36 on the April exam. I was pleased to see that one of these is a Monona Grove student. Congratulations! This represents an outstanding academic achievement for the individual student, but also indicates the strength of programming support from Monona Grove. Thank you for all that you do to make sure your students have access to such a high quality education.

Galen

Galen W. Johnson
Assistant Vice President and Regional Manager
ACT Midwest Region



Good Job Alex!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

" I didn't realize how special that accomplishment is"

HUH?

Anonymous said...

Oh my god.

Did a Board Member really blog those words?

Peter Sobol said...

Okay, Okay - forgive me for dashing off a poorly turned phrase during a busy day. You wanna try this?

Anonymous said...

lol